Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A new twist on hair bow organizers

Today my daughter says, "Mom, I want summer."  Me too, me too! It's still a ways off, but she is feeling closed in, due to the ice, snow, below freezing temps, and let's see...more snow.  Now she is sick and can't go outside, so I can understand where she is coming from.

To ward off that feeling in myself, I have been super busy with projects.  A lot of repeats, benches, rustic signs, etc that don't need to be repeated on here.  I have also been busy filling in special orders, which brings us to today's post.

I had an order for a hair bow holder.  Nothing new, simple to do, but this one needed to be Minnie Mouse themed.


My initial internet search didn't pull up anything along the lines that I was thinking of, so I thought I would share this.  I grabbed some black felt, paint, ribbon, hooks, frame and hot glue gun.

1. Paint you frame for the theme.
2. Add hooks, ribbon, and any other details.
3. enjoy!

Here I am using a pencil eraser dipped in paint to add polka dots to the pink ribbon bow for Minnie's "head".  I glued the felt ears to the top corners of the frame.

Minnie Mouse Hair bow organizer
So this is a new twist on hair bow organizers right?  Character designs.  I can see it now...Hello Kitty would be super cute, too.

Sharing with:



The DIY Dreamer
Just a Girl and Her Blog


Family Home and Life
Savvy Southern Style
Embracing Change home and garden buttonthursday favorite things blog hop

Lovely Ladies Linky
How I Found My Style
Beyond The Picket Fence

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! So creative and every little girl's dream hair bow organizer. My daughter would flip. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfect. I'm a hair bow-maker-fanatic and this is so nice for all of my little girl's bows!

    Deanna {SewMcCool.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a bow holder just like this! Well... no exactly because our is no early as adorable as your Minnie Mouse Frame! I'm pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that!?! While I don't have any little ladies of my own, I know lots of mamas with little girls that would adore this! I'll pass it along to them!
    Thanks SO much for linking up to Hit Me With Your Best Shot! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is marvelously sweet! I am honored that you shared at Home and Garden Thursday!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete